We’re looking for a talented Junior Designer to join our team. Working in close collaboration with our Senior Designer, and Delivery team, you will partner with global brands to design assets across a variety of digital channels.
The Junior Designer will contribute to all aspects of the creative process, from — brainstorming, user experience exploration, user flow planning, design, and wireframing — to optimising creative assets for development. Your primary focus will be to understand clients’ requirements, business and user needs, and transform that understanding into user-focused and intuitive experiences for a variety of platforms and interfaces.
The ideal candidate will also have basic front-end development skills: WordPress, HTML, CSS, and JS.
- User experience research and analysis to create use cases, user flows and journeys.
- Information architecture, conceptual and UI design for web-based, interactive and immersive experiences.
- Translating concepts into wireframes and designs that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Creating all visual elements and best-practice UI/UX styles and keeping them consistent across brand assets.
- Auditing and identifying opportunities for optimising UX/UI across client websites.
- Presenting work to internal teams and clients.
- Participating in client workshops and planning sessions.
- Testing and iterating UX designs and prototypes with the development team.
- Leading projects from creation through to delivery to ensure excellent user experience and UI/UX consistency.
- Adapting concepts and designs following discussions with clients and developers.
- Storyboarding and storytelling.
About the position
- Minimum 3 years experience in UI/UX design.
- Strong experience in website UX and design development.
- In-depth knowledge & understanding of best practice UX/UI design and web standards.
- Experience creating innovative, beautiful designs for websites, campaigns or immersive experiences.
- Strong work portfolio that demonstrates creative design thinking and a deep understanding of UI/UX best practices.
- Strong ability to identify and develop use cases, user journeys and user interactions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively present an approach or concept.
- Ability to discuss and justify UX and design considerations and choices with clients.
- Ability to manage time wisely across projects and deadlines and be accountable for the quality of work.
- Strong experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite
- Relevant qualification in Design
What you will bring
- A desire to work collaboratively across multiple projects, platforms and products.
- A keen interest in solving client problems and design challenges.
- A passion for great user experience and design with a user-centred approach.
- Ability to collaborate and deliver on a shared vision.
- Exceptional attention to detail and desire to deliver the highest quality work.
- Excellent communication skills.
What we offer at Chillybin
- Great, collaborative remote working environment.
- A fun and supportive team environment.
- A diverse and exciting range of industries, clients and projects.
- Minimum holiday at Christmas.
- Additional training & development.
- Flexible working hours.
- Performance-related bonuses.
- Potential to earn commissions.
We’re open to working with developers in any location but would prefer if your regular work hours match ours in Singapore (GMT+8) or Brisbane (GMT+10).
To apply please fill in the form below, or use this link.