Front End Developer
We’re looking for an experienced front-end developer to join our team. We have recently won several client projects and are looking for an extra pair of dev hands to help the workflow and ease the project list.
The Web Developer is responsible for the development of client websites on WordPress. The developer will work with designers, project managers, and the development team to create aesthetically pleasing, fully functioning websites. Best practices and design trends will be utilised to ensure the success of the projects.
- Beaver Builder – We’re looking primarily for a developer that has used Beaver Builder before or is comfortable using Elementor or Oxygen. We use this framework for faster development, and you will need to work with our coding rules and best practices.
- Communication – Because the position is remote, communication over Zoom, Slack, ClickUp and Email will be vital to keeping the team updated with the project’s progress.
- Time management – It’s essential that you show exceptional self-time management skills. At Chillybin, all our team members self-manage their time when given a deadline. So knowing how to split deadlines into smaller chunks and which ones are prioritised is more on the developer than the project manager.
- Attention to detail – We like pixel-perfect designs and colours being correct, so attention to detail when developing is a must. Developers are responsible for quality assurance and testing their work.
- WordPress, PHP, MySQL etc. – We work primarily with WordPress, so knowledge and experience using this CMS are required.
- Shopify – Knowledge of customising themes in Shopify would be a nice bonus. Willing to learn this is mandatory.
About the position
- Meeting with the development team to discuss user interface ideas and applications.
- Reviewing application requirements and interface designs.
- Identifying web-based user interactions.
- Developing and implementing highly responsive user interface components using WordPress.
- Troubleshooting user interfaces and debugging application code.
- Developing and implementing front-end architecture to support user interface concepts.
- Monitoring and improving front-end performance.
- Documenting application changes and developing updates.
- Experience with user interface design.
- Experience with browser-based debugging and performance testing software.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Good project management skills.
What you will bring
- Demonstrated capability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise workload.
- Committing to understanding new technology and upgrading skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, producing error-free work within tight deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to develop and implement solutions collaboratively and independently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An enthusiastic, proactive team player.
- A conceptual thinker – able to clearly articulate creative thoughts.
What we offer at Chillybin
- Great, collaborative remote working environment.
- A fun and supportive team environment.
- A diverse and exciting range of industries, clients and projects.
- Minimum holiday at Christmas.
- Additional training & development.
- Flexible working hours.
- Performance-related bonuses.
- Potential to earn commissions.
We’re open to working with developers in any location but would prefer if your regular work hours match ours in Singapore (GMT+8) or Brisbane (GMT+10).
To apply please fill in the form below, or use this link.